February 14, 2010

Our Nightly Visitor

While Ryan was out of town this past weekend, Erin and I stayed home just us girls for some fun girly things.  Friday night, we were hanging out in the living room, when the dogs started growling.  The dogs bark at things but this seemed different somehow.  Plus they were at the backdoor.  I got freaked out!  But I went to investigate and what did I find?  What I thought was a very large cat, but when I turned on the back deck light, it was a raccoon!  Right on our deck! About a foot away from our door!  It didn't seem to care there were three animals and two humans twelve inches away staring/gawking/barking/growling/hissing at it.  It just looked at us and continued to search through the six inches of snow covering our deck.  It stayed for about a half hour or so and left.  It then came back around the same time Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment