August 30, 2011

Garden Updates

I am about the worst gardener in the world. The only things I can grow are the things that I grow accidentally and that keep up on their own. 
Example One:
Last fall, we tossed our old pumpkins out behind the house in our back forty.  Fast forward 9 months...
An actual, honest to goodness pumpkin. Probably about 8 inches in diameter.  With NO work!
Example 2:
In April or May, I planted sunflower seeds in my flower beds. Did nothing, no watering, fertilizing, NOTHING.  Three months later:

Three (one not pictured) 10-12 FOOT sunflowers. The blooms are about a foot in diameter!
Example 3:
Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter

Three Little Green Tomatoes!  This tiny thing has yielded about 10-15 cherry tomatoes. Erin likes to pick them herself!

The plants I started from seeds in May didn't bloom at all and are just taking up space in my pots. :(
Maybe next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment