I took a long sleeved pink onesie and a short sleeved t-shirt and sewed the hems together. Stuffed between the two shirts with stuffing. I sewed the pink feather boas around the shirts and covered every square inch of fabric.
I cut two hood shapes out of fabric and stiched them together. It will clasp under her chin with velcro. I cut out two half circle shapes out of pink and black craft foam for the "beak" that I will attach to the hood. I will also add more feather boas to the hood along with some googly eyes.
I still have to cut out her "feet" out of more craft foam. I haven't decided what color her legs should be. Real flamingos have light pink legs but I though black might be cute too.
So what do you think? Pink legs or black? Pink legs may look like I'm trying to match the bright pink feathers and Erin doesn't have any bright pink pants that would match that well. Plus the pink foam I have isn't super match-y either. So she'd have lots of different shades of pink on. But if I went with black, black is black is black and it would match and wouldn't clash with the feathers. But black isn't the natural color of flamingos legs.
source: http://www.flockofpinkflamingos.com/flamingo/blog/why-are-flamingos-pink/
ReplyDeleteAt hatching, a pink flamingo chick has gray down feathers. It also has a straight, pink bill and swollen pink legs, both of which turn black within a week.
I'm not sure if my vote went through, but I vote for black legs. BTW, I amazed at how crafty you are!! I've tried out the sewing machine, but so far have only mastered pillows and pant hems.
ReplyDelete